We can certainly appreciate that coming home to no hot water at your home is not ideal, especially on a cold day! When attempting to identify the cause, there are a number of factors to take into consideration.
- Firstly, is there hot water available but running out quickly?
- Or is there no hot water available at all?
- Does your hot water system run on gas or electricity?
Electric hot water system
Is the rest of your power at your property working ? If not - the issue may be due to an outage or no power being supplied to your property.
If your hot water is the only thing affected in home, there may be an issue with the hot water system itself, or with the electrical wiring. We recommend contacting an electrician to help identify and resolve the issue.
If you are located in Victoria, please chat to one our team members below,
If you are located in Queensland, please visit Energex's web page for more information.
Gas hot water system
If all your gas appliances are not working, there may be an issue with the gas supply at your property. OVO Energy does not currently supply gas. If you have identified an issue with your gas supply, please refer to your gas retailer.
If your gas hot water system is the only appliance affected,we recommend doing some checks;
- ensure the pilot light is lit and on
- ensure your gas meter handle is in the 3 o'clock position. Ensure the hot water system is not damaged
- ensure you have not been disconnected by your retailer.