We will be updating our market retail contract terms and conditions for all existing customers from 1st August 2022. If you're an existing customer the key changes to the terms and conditions have been communicated to you via email, but are also available below:
- Changes to reflect new obligations on retailers in Victoria including timelines associated with back-billing overcharges and the requirement to give 5 business days notice of Solar Feed in Tariff changes (we've been treating your account in accordance with the obligations since they were introduced, this is just to tidy up our ts and cs);
- More clearly stating how we bill for the various plans that we offer;
- Clearly stating your rights and our rights to end an energy contract;
- Updating references to energy laws and rules in line with updates to energy legislation;
- More clearly stating the Solar system size limits in all states;
- Updating to allow us to sell Gas to you in the future - we expect to be able to sell gas to our customers under our existing retail licenses, and will communicate to you when we've launched; and,
- Updating so that our standard energy plans will no longer include 10% GreenPower as standard.
The full terms and conditions are available to view here - just select your state.
Whilst it's not a change to our market retail contract terms and conditions, we will also be removing 100% Carbon Neutral status for our standard energy plans. You will be able to opt in to pay for this and 10% GreenPower, when we communicate price changes in July 2022. If you're on 100% GreenPower there is no change.
Why are you no longer offering 10% GreenPower as standard?
We know that GreenPower is really important for a lot of our customers, but we also know that for some customers, they just want the best possible price. We're giving customers the option to choose whether to support GreenPower or not.
Why are you no longer offering 100% Carbon Neutral for standard energy plans?
We know that being 100% Carbon Neutral is really important for a lot of our customers, but we also know that for some customers, they just want the best possible price. We're giving customers the option to choose whether to go 100% Carbon Neutral or not.
Will OVO still be 100% carbon neutral?
We still intend to be 100% Carbon Neutral as a business. This relates to all of our activities to run the business and provide you with great service. We will also continue to support any customers who also want to pay to be 100% Carbon Neutral, it just won't come as standard. The price associated with this will be communicated to customers in early July.
I'm a prospective customer and want to switch to OVO, will this impact me?
We're making a change to existing customer contracts to align them with new customer contracts. You will switch to the new market contract terms and conditions.