Full terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion, you represent that you are eligible to enter and you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. This promotion is run by OVO Energy Pty Ltd (ABN 99 623 475 089) of L22, 120 Spencer St, Melbourne, Australia, phone 1300 937 686 (we, us, our).
3. The promotion runs from 2 September 2022 for 8 weeks, unless extended.
4. Every Friday at 10am during the promotional period, OVO Energy will release a clue via social media, the first person to solve the clue will win the weekly prize.
Who can enter?
5. Entry is open to Australian residents over 18 years of age. If you are not currently an OVO Energy customer, to claim the prize you must sign up to an OVO Energy residential plan in Victoria, NSW, South Australia or Queensland where OVO Energy operates. OVO Energy does not charge exit fees and you will not be required to remain on the plan for a certain period of time to claim the prize.
6. Employees, managers, officers or contractors, and their immediate families, of us and our associated organisations and agents, are ineligible to enter.
7. By entering the promotion, you:
(a) agree to participate in our marketing activities including being interviewed and photographed, and that we (or our agent) may use your name, voice, photo, comments and entry for marketing purposes at any time and in any media without reference or compensation to you,
(b) warrant that your entry is your own original work and doesn’t infringe third party rights (including intellectual property rights), and
(c) grant us (and our related bodies corporate, agents, licensees and assigns) a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, transferable and irrevocable licence to use, modify, adapt, publish and sublicense your entry anytime, anywhere and in any way without compensation, including to market and promote our business, including in connection with the promotion, in any media (including media not yet in existence), and
(d) to the extent permitted by law, you
(i) agree to unconditionally and irrevocably consent to us (and our related bodies corporate, agents, licensees and assigns) engaging in any act or omission that would otherwise infringe your moral rights (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) in your entry for an indefinite period,
(ii) waive all moral rights in your entry that arise outside Australia, and
(iii) agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of moral rights in your entry.
How to enter
8. To enter, you must, follow the link released every Friday at 10am on OVO Energy social media pages, including but not limited to, Instagram and/or Facebook. On the competition page will be a riddle, the first eligible entry to solve the riddle will be the weekly winner.
9. Incomplete, incorrect or illegible entries, or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights (including intellectual property rights) will be considered invalid.
10. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the promotion repeatedly is prohibited and will render entries submitted using such means invalid.
11. The weekly prize is 30 days worth of 100% GreenPower electricity up to the value of $300 (inc GST). A credit will be applied to the customer’s residential OVO Energy account to offset energy charges accrued over the 30 day period following the prize being claimed up to the value of $300 (inc GST). These charges will be calculated based on the 100% GreenPower upgrade to your existing plan.
12. The total prize pool value is $2400 (inc GST).
13. This is a game of skill. There is no element of chance in determining a winner.
14. The weekly prize(s) will be awarded to the first eligible entry who solves the riddle.
15. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone and in writing within 7 days of judging. The Winner will be required to have a residential OVO Energy plan account for the prize to be applied to.
16. The prize(s) will be delivered to the winner(s) within 28 days of the judging date.
17. Our decisions about this promotion (including the selection of winners) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. If a prize remains unclaimed after 3 months, or a winner is disqualified in accordance with these terms and conditions, the prize will be forfeited and distributed at our discretion.
19. Only one prize per eligible entry.
20. We reserve the right to withdraw a prize if there are no eligible entrants to receive it.
21. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize, can’t be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. Expenses relating to prize(s) are the responsibility of the winner(s).
22. In order to accept a prize, a winner may be required to sign a legal release and indemnity form.
23. We reserve the right to: (a) ask you to provide proof of identity and/or proof of eligibility to claim a prize, (b) determine how the promotion is run, including the selection of a winner, and (c) disqualify any entrant who we believe has breached these terms and conditions or engaged in unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct intended to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
24. We accept entries upon receipt by us. It’s your responsibility, not ours, to ensure we receive your entry. We aren't responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries or entries not received by us for any reason. We aren't responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and do not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
25. Any entrant who, in our opinion, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who doesn't properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win. We reserve the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions.
26. We aren’t responsible for a prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with after it leaves us or our agent, or changes in prize value.
27. If we’re unable to provide a winner with a prize (or part of a prize), we’ll supply an alternative prize (or that part of the prize) of equal or greater monetary value and/or specification.
28. If we’re unable to run the promotion as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, we reserve the right to take any action that we consider necessary, including but not limited to (a) disqualifying any entrant, or (b) modifying the promotion.
29. We exclude all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of a prize, except those that can’t be excluded by law. To the extent permitted by law, any liability of us or our employees or agents for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law is limited to paying for the resupply of the prize.
30. To the extent permitted by law, we aren’t liable for loss (including indirect and consequential loss), damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion (including the supply of goods or services by anyone to a prize winner), and to anyone accompanying a prize winner if applicable.
31. All costs associated or arising in connection with participating in the promotion and the prize are the responsibility of entrants. Any costs associated with accessing the internet are the entrant's responsibility, and depend on the internet service provider used.
32. We’re not responsible for tax (including GST) obligations of any nature that may arise from winning a prize, so please seek your own independent tax advice.
33. We collect personal information about you to include your entry in the promotion and judge your entry in accordance with these terms and conditions, and where appropriate, award a prize. Specifically, we collect personal information about you (a) to conduct this promotion and determine and notify a winner, and disclose such information to prize suppliers and regulators, and (b) for marketing purposes at any time and in any media, including to contact you after this promotion ends.
35. You agree to provide your consent until such a time as it is withdrawn by giving notice to us. You can also gain access to, update or correct any personal information held by contacting us using the details listed in clause 2 of these terms and conditions. All personal information will be stored within Australia and will not be disclosed overseas