If you refer someone to OVO, you’ll each get $75 credit applied over 12 months.
These are the terms and conditions applicable to OVO Energy's $75 (inclusive of GST) referral credit, applied over 12 months (Refer a Friend Credit).
Terms that are not defined in these Terms and Conditions are defined in OVO Energy’s Market Retail Contract Terms and Conditions for small customers - available here.
Who do these terms apply to?
An existing OVO Energy customer, who refers friends and family to OVO Energy (referring customer).
A new customer, who follows the unique URL provided to them by the referring customer, in order to initiate a switch to OVO Energy (referred customer).
There are no restrictions with regards to the number of referrals a referring customer can make.
To be eligible for the Refer a Friend Credit the referring customer:
- must be an existing OVO Energy customer.
- must refer new customers using the unique URL provided by OVO Energy (referral code) between 1st September 2020 to 31st October 2020 (referral period);
- must continue their contract for their premises for at least 12 months from when OVO Energy start supplying electricity to the Referred Customer’s premises (minimum contract period); and,
- must continue a direct debit arrangement with OVO Energy to automatically pay their energy bills by a direct debit account nominated upon entry into their contract and pay their bills by the due date (by ensuring there are sufficient funds in their bank account).
To be eligible for the Refer a Friend Credit the referred customer:
- must sign up to one of the following electricity market plans - The One Plan or The One Plan + 100% for their premises.
- must use the unique URL (referral code) provided to them by the referring customer;
- must access the offer during the referral period;
- must sign up the electricity supply at their premises in New South Wales, South Australia, Victoria or Queensland;
- must allow OVO Energy to provide their first name and surname to the referring customer;
- the contract must be their first electricity market contract for their premises;
- they must continue their contract for their premises for at least 12 months from when OVO Energy start supplying electricity to the premises (minimum contract period); and,
- must enter into a direct debit arrangement with OVO Energy to automatically pay their energy bills by a direct debit account they nominate upon entry into their contract and pay their bills by the due date (by ensuring there are sufficient funds in their bank account).
When will we pay the Refer a Friend Credit?
Unless the contract ends early, we will credit $75 (inclusive of GST) applied in twelve monthly instalments of $6.25 as an offset against the charges on each monthly bill issued during the minimum contract period.
If the contract ends before the end of the minimum contract period, we will not pay and the referral customer and referred customer will forfeit any remaining credit balance of the $75 Refer a Friend Credit.
The Refer a Friend Credit:
- is not valid or available for any OVO Energy Plans other than The One Plan or The One Plan + 100%;
- can only be used as a discount off your OVO Energy account and cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash; and,
- is not transferable to any other customer or to any other premises.
Variation or withdrawal of the Refer a Friend Credit
We may change or withdraw the terms applying to the Refer a Friend Credit by notice to you, in accordance with any applicable laws.